Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Keeping Records of What the Sandman Pours Into My Mind at Night


Here's a strange use for my PDA: I've been having some rather weird and wild dreams lately. My dreams are in color and they are always taking place in some far off, exotic island. Hold on...even though the locales are breathtaking, the situations I'm involved in aren't. I've been recording my dreams in DayNotez. My dreams ALWAYS seem strange when I'm inputting them...but, given the nature of dreams, they tend to dissipate from memory as the day progresses. It is an even stranger experience re-reading these dreams in my journals and sometimes successfully recollecting the dream and sometimes not. However, the end result is always a strange fascination of "what the heck is going on?" and "why did I dream THAT?" I'm constantly trying to connect the dots to see if there is any correlation to my recent dream and current personal experiences. When I don't have the time to jot down the traces of a dream from memory, I just press the recording button on my Zire 72s and dictate to myself the dream of the day. So, if you want to try something that will leave you dumbfounded and strangely curious about yourself as you vainly psychoanalyze the dream...take notes in the morning soon after you wake up and the remnants of the dream aren't too far off to collect in some coherent fashion.

(Originally posted in PalmAddicts)

No comments: