Monday, January 15, 2007

Transformers movie trailer

This sure isn't like any Transformers cartoon I watched growing up. Like most kids growing up in the 80's, the Transformers is part of the Americana landscape from which we can cull great memories of good toys for boys. This new remake by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg promises to be quite remarkable. I'm always impressed at how the creative geniuses who work behind the scenes on the graphics and staging of the movie find innovative ways to amaze an easily jaded, hard to please audience who has seen some outstanding visuals in this digital age. Based on the trailer, this movie looks mighty fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, no, no, no! I have a bad feeling about this movie. Sure the graphics look good, but I see too much focus on the humans. The clips show more humans with their mouths slack-jawed then it does the robots. I have a feeling that this may turn out to be like the American Godzilla remake of 1998. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but Michael Bay has a bad track record of sappiness and shallowness.