Sunday, October 21, 2007

Review: Thylus’ Thumb Stylus

Thylus_logoThylus’ Thumb Stylus is a unique writing instrument unlike anything you’ve ever seen on the market today. Over the years, I have used a variety of styli that come in the forms of multi-functional pens or styli that are a little thicker than coffee stirring sticks. However, Thylus has come up with a one-of-a-kind product that may revolutionize how you input data into your PDA, iPhone or other electronic device. (Admittedly, I don’t have an iPhone, but I can easily see how this instrument can save on smudging up the touch-screens found on that product. I have also used this on my Nintendo DS Lite and it worked fabulously)!

The Thumb Stylus comes with an adjustable band that wraps around your thumb attached to a light, plastic tip. When finished, users can return the Thumb Stylus in the cool, little black box container that you can easily attach to the back of your PDA through an adhesive found in the package.

At first, the Thumb Stylus took some getting used to. But, after a few minutes, I was able to get the hang of it. The Thumb Stylus needs to be writing characters at a comfortable angle in order for users to efficiently input their information. I’ve had bouts of carpal tunnel whenever I write. The Thumb Stylus is a good solution to winning that battle, as you are not forced to position your fingers in a way that causes aggravation to the muscles used in writing.

After trying several times using the Thumb Stylus on my thumb, I switched over and placed it on my index finger. Although the stylus was made with the thumb in mind, I also had success writing with my index finger.

Thylus’ Thumb Stylus is an innovative writing utensil for your PDA or other electronic device that requires manually writing characters in order to input your data. Its unique form also spares your screen of scratches and smudges since the pressure applied by your thumb or finger is lesser than when you write with a normal stylus. For an inexpensive and unique writing accessory that is lightweight, durable and very practical, Thylus’ Thumb Stylus is the way to go! This definitely rates a 5 out of 5 stars!

You can find out more about Thylus’ Thumb Stylus by going to their site here. The developer is also very helpful and responds to any inquiry fairly quickly.


(This review originally appeared on the Palm Addicts site)

No comments: